Pattern of the Month Club Newsletter
October 1994
Rosette Schematics

 When you put a bunch of these rosette motifs together..
 Heavenly Scent Motif 1990
A reinvention of an older motif:  Acorn Heart
I had done some rosette designing in the early newsletters, but I did not become rosette obsessed until the POTMC newsletters.
  My favorite rosette, was originally designed by Theresa de Dillmont, that I took to the next design level.
POTMC Newsletter October 1994 Link
I then decided to see how many rosettes I could design on paper. A 25 Motif Challenge TATBiT style. I called these my impeachment rosettes because while I listen and or watched Clinton's Impeachment Trial, I drew these rosettes. There might have been a shot or two of whiskey involved too :-)
  Remember that all of my lace has a right side. Plus, I HATE to tat JUST round by round, meaning that one would end off after each round. I like tatting in continuous rounds, which means that I use techniques that help me climb-out of rounds. Split rings and split chains or bridges. Anything but tie, cut and re-threading ends back up into the finished lace after each round. NO thanks!
  So... I follow golden mean principles, and try to stick to Fibonacci Math which is golden. Tatting sequences: 1,2,3,5,8,13... I may have used some of these designs and written patterns, but for others there are only schematics. One can easily figured out knot sequences or knot counts, depending on the size you want the finished rosette to be. I use knot counts of 3,5 and 8 mostly. The challenge is to tat these rosettes using modern techniques.
 I see 1,2 and 5 knot counts on this rosette.
 Those beads had the smallest holes!
 That is Silkon in a large gauge and Unakite rounds.
 Beads sew on top.
Rhodonite rounds.
All Rights Reserved.
©1995,1999 by Teri Dusenbury.
Happy Tatting!