Lael Morgan,
Lois L Moyer,
& Marcile Anderson

Tatting A New Look at the Old Art of Making Lace ©1977 by Lael Morgan. 110 pages, soft cover - Doubleday & Co, Inc., New York
Lael's shuttle is of the same shuttle design as Lady Katharin Hoare's tatting shuttle. Only slight differences and that Lady Hoare's shuttle was made from ivory.
Hi! My name is Teri TATBiT Dusenbury and I have stalked tatters. Yes, it is true and I do not mean any harm, really! I justed wanted to let Lael know that her tatting story made a difference in my life.
  by Lael Morgan
by Carol Winandy
  While at a 1993 Lace Convention held in Portland, I was immediately drawn to Alison Addicks' The Lacemaker's display table where two shuttles caught my eye. I picked up both, Lael Morgan's shuttle, and a vintage red TATSY shuttle by Carol Windandy. I felt like I had struck gold that day. In my eyes, these were very rare finds, and a wonderful addition to the Tatter's Archive's collection!
  While sitting on a bench, taking a break from seeing all the vendors goodies, I am holding Lael's shuttle and find that I am immediately transported back in time. There is Lael sitting on that log, surrounded by the frozen tundra of Alaska, tatting and occasionally warding off a bear (not shown in picture on back cover of book) with that shuttle. Pop! I am back in Portland, and all I now know is that I must meet this interesting lady, and that it is a very hot day, indeed! 
  Lael and I even had a bit in common. I have also tatted with yarn when I was first learning to tat, but my shuttle at the time was a sock hanger. 
  I did manage to find Lael's email address at that time, but never received a response to one of hundreds of emails I sent. (Just joking, I think I only sent a couple.)
 by Lois L Moyer
 
Lael Morgan Tatting Flier
How to better view the images in this post. Left click on image you want a better view of. Window will open with list of options. Click on "open link in new window" link. Your cursor should be a magnifying glass with a plus sign on the glass. Click on image to enlarge.

One day, my tatting pen-pal and friend, Marcile Anderson sent me the pattern sheets above, and a Lo-Lo shuttle. Lois L. Moyer is the tatter behind Lo-Lo Bags, the Lo-Lo Shuttle, and tatting patterns.
   Lois was acquainted with Lael Morgan. Marcile knew Lois, and Marcile was friends with me. BINGO! I thought I was going to get introduced to Lael through Lois. Happy dancing! I went from A to Z in a blink of an eye!
   I do have a copy of a letter that I had planned to send to Lois, but I can not remember if I actually did send it. (I had a family crisis, and I was caught in a spinning vortex of poo. All tatting projects were put on hold until that storm had subsided, and by the time I got back to tatting... Living in the moment, and then that moment was lost...)
  Now that I am looking at the material I have, Lois promoted Lael's shuttle first, and then it was only the Lo-Lo shuttle.  ? I, also, noticed that Lael was trying to patent her shuttle...
 I am at the breakfast table, eating cereal and reading a health magazine (published by our health care provider in 1994), when I choked on a corn flake! Who is stalking whom here, Ms Morgan? There is a story on Earthquakes and other Emergencies... and on the next page is this advert. How many women are named Lael Morgan? Unfortunately, Lael and I never met or even corresponded about tatting. I wonder if Lael has her shuttle in her earthquake survival kit? I know that I do! (And that kitty hat!)
  The last actual book that I was still able to read the text from was Lael Morgan's Good Time Girls of the Alaska-Yukon Gold Rush. Lael is an accomplished author of many books, and leads a very active academic life.
Founder's Day for Marcile Anderson.
Miss you Marcile!
A lovely lady! I loved hearing all of her stories about her life and what she knew about the history of tatting.
    How to better view the images in this post. Left click on image you want a better view of. Window will open with list of options. Click on "open link in new window" link. Your cursor should be a magnifying glass with a plus sign on the glass. Click on image to enlarge.
Happy Tatting!