Tatting Earring Pattern
Twisted Fringe Butterfly

 Pow! Those Tortoise Silks just Sparkle and Glow!
Ryolite, rhyolite or rainforest jasper are the variations that this wonderful semi-precious stone goes by. I LOVE this stone! The hearts measure 6mm flat, 11/0 Delicas DB65 - Lined Topaz AB, DDP#220 Linen Green. My favorite bead combo.

Do you see the SPLIT-RING? What I call the butterfly's butt is a split ring. Yep! Would not be able to have twisted fringe otherwise.
  This is advanced beading as twisting that fringe is hard. Especially, getting three fringe that are twisted exactly the same. Some of my fringe is not the same as the other...
  Color-lined Delicas are hearty beads. It is very hard to break them. Silks will break very easily, so make sure you have the necessary skills when choosing those beads. I have shed many a tear over broken silks!
  I was considering teaching classes online but the technology was really not where it is today. Many praises go out to Sue and Nell for taking that class. No video, just learning from a printed page. I believe my name was used with many cuss words. :0
 Why Dual Duty Plus stopped making this color is beyond me.
These were all earrings that I sold on eBay to support my bead habit.
 If you can not twist the fringe, then just thread one strand and bead back up...
 Pearl Delicas
 Don't wear earrings?
Make a necklace...

Ryolite, rhyolite or rainforest jasper are the variations that this wonderful semi-precious stone goes by. I LOVE this stone! The center bales bead is a flat oblong rhyolite, as are the heart beads that  measure 6mm flat, and the rounds are 3mm. I used 11/0 Delicas DB65 - Lined Topaz AB. DDP#220 Linen Green. This was an earring that I made into a necklace.
"Twisted Fringe Is Not The Easiest" Video Link
Ryolite, rhyolite or rainforest jasper are the variations that this wonderful semi-precious stone goes by. I LOVE this stone! The center bales bead is a flat oblong rhyolite, as are the heart beads that  measure 6mm flat. I used 11/0 Delicas DB65 - Lined Topaz AB, 4mm Topaz FP Rounds, and DDP#220 Linen Green. I took the beading to the tenth degree.
All Rights Reserved. ©2002 by Teri Dusenbury.
Happy Tatting!