A Bead Obession into Tatted Turtle Madness...
"Silk or Satin" Video

I am the first to admit that I have had a bit of an obsession with beads. Unless you are bead obsessed, you do not understand. I am proud to say that I have not purchased any beads in two years time. 
  It was very hard to make the bead link list of the bead stores I purchased from. I really wanted to see the new beads, but knew I had better not. I have enough beads to last my lifetime, even if they always seem to one shade off or was that just my excuse to buy more beads?
  I am not sure how anyone can afford to bead anymore. The price of beads have increased and some of the beads that I would buy on the cheap are no longer cheap.
  Really think hard before getting involved with bead tatting. It can be an expensive slippery slope.
  I had dabbled with adding beads to my tatting in the early years of my career. It was not until the end of 2006 that I became obsessed with adding beads. There did come a point where the design was not about tatting anymore, but about beading.
  From my early teens, I had tried beading but was not getting the results I wanted. I struggled with starting and having practically nothing to hold on to.
  Tatting is a perfect armature in which to bead around. When tatting is used, the design is not necessarily about the tatting but more about the bead. However, one really can not exist without the other. This is not necessarily traditional beading, but a combination of two art forms.
Octavia 2003
 Those are Toho Beads
I started  beading over the top of these rosettes in 2003, then I took a couple of years off from being online, and when I came back in 2006, I expanded my ideas on adding beading to tatting.
Tatted Octavia Motif - Macramé over memory wire. That is Dual Duty Plus Thread.
 This is a scan of the actual motif. This is when I really did not have a clue as to the right way to scan or enhance the scan. So some of these scans are pretty bad. Those are real garnets.
 Dual Duty Plus Thread
 First turtle!
One of my tatting girlfriends wanted a necklace made from a beaded rosette motif. I made a few pieces for her. Sue loves real live turtles, so while I was making these rosettes, I kept seeing turtles. That is how my obsession with tatted turtles started. I am not even sure how many turtles I have tatted since 2006.
  I am very prolific when inspired, so try not to be too freaked out when you see the amount of turtles I have made since 2006.
 Tortoise Silk Delica or Silver-lined Brown
Fossil Coin Center
Scan
 10mm fiber optic cabochon
360p

480p
Discussion on using Silks or Satin Delicas
TATBiT's Dream Turtle Pin 2012 Video Link

 360p
TATBiT's Turtle Cove Turtle Pin Video Link
 All Rights Reserved.
©2002, 2005, 2008, 2012 by Teri Dusenbury.
Happy Tatting!